The wholesale market promotes competition by creating relatively low-cost, transparent price conditions, and by improving the way all parties obtain market information, thereby enhancing the efficiency of chemicals distribution. Buying ethylene glycol in wholesale is very beneficial to many industries. It acts as an intermediate in chemical synthesis and produces a resin, acts as a solvent, and reduces the freezing point of water, making it an anti-freeze.
Ethylene glycol is an organic compound of formula C2H6O2. A sweet and viscous liquid with no color or smell. It is the simplest form of ethylene glycol group in organic compounds. Ethylene glycol is composed of alcohol having two hydroxyl groups in addition to carbon atoms. Ethylene glycol is an abbreviation for ethylene glycol derived from ethylene.
Ingesting ethylene glycol is dangerous because it can cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, and damage to organs such as the kidneys. There is a slight risk of contact with mucous membranes and skin. It irritates the eyes and respiratory organs. Inhaling that spray, vapor, or mist is harmful. Heavy exposure to ethylene glycol can cause death. The industry that produces and purchases ethylene glycol must pay attention to the toxic effects of chemicals.
The facility must provide a safe shower and eyewash facility where chemicals are stored and used. Adequate ventilation measures must be taken to keep the concentration of substances in the air low. People handling chemicals should wear chemical protective goggles. However, protective clothing or gloves are usually not required.
Following are the applications of ethylene glycol:
- The main uses of ethylene glycol are plastic resins, used to make beverage containers for juice, soda, and water and polyester fibres for pillows and clothing upholstery, and carpets.
- Manufacture of fiberglass, used to manufacture bowling balls, motorboats, and bathtubs.
- Manufacture of ink for ballpoint pens and other inks. Ethylene glycol increases the viscosity of the ink, making it more difficult to evaporate.
- Heat transfer fluids, such as gas compressors, heating, ventilation, industrial refrigerants, and air conditioning systems. Ethylene glycol has an industrial coolant’s characteristics, which can help it pass through the cooling system while withstanding very high and very low temperatures.
Handling and Storage
Ethylene glycol manufacturers, suppliers, workers, and distributors must thoroughly wash their hands after working with this chemical. Contaminated clothes should be washed before the next use. Ethylene glycol, along with incompatible substances, must be stored in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated place. Ethylene glycol suppliers and distributors must handle and keep it with care.
- Custom blends and dilutions
- Products available
- High purity
- Industrial grade
- Electronics grade
- Ethylene glycol low conductivity
- Bulk rail car
- Bulk tank truck
- Totes (IBC)
SapheLife is a proud supplier of bulk chemical suppliers. We work with our customers to find suitable chemicals for their specific needs and provide high-quality products at affordable prices. SapheLife can provide bulk supply so it can meet the needs of any industry that needs bulk chemicals. For more information about propylene glycol, please contact us immediately or visit our online product store.